June 16, 2021
Hello my fellow oa’ers. Getting a little hot out there? Anyway, I was in a meeting the other day and due to circumstances beyond anyone’s control and a few technical issues, it was just 3 of us. Believe it or not we had a really good meeting. I just feel bad for the other person who had technical issues. I had been in the program longer than everyone else and they had questions for me. We talked in depth about many things. I shared my morning routine and thought you guys would like to see it.
So – because of the way my mind works I have to vary it or it gets to be rote or common place. I hope this helps.
P.S. Next time I’ll talk more about meditation and my evening routine.
The routine I normally do is:
- The long version of the Serenity Prayer,
- The 11th step prayer.
- The 3rd step prayer.
- The 7th step prayer.
- I’ll read out of For Today or Voices of Recovery
- I’ll read a few pages out of the Big Book.
- I’ll write down some gratitudes.
- At some point during the day, I’ll journal.
Or I’ll use the OA app. This is what it looks like:
Available for apple or android. In that app:
- I’ll read Today’s Reflection on the AA Website
- On Awaking from the Big Book
- Serenity Prayer
- 3rd Step Prayer
- 11th Step Prayer
- Thomas Merton Prayer.
A third routine is from an AA site: