Many times we hear just these wonderful things in meetings and I wanted to devote a page to them. Feel free to get in touch with me or Sandy or reply on this website.
- Nothing worse than a head full of OA and a belly full of food.
- You can’t stay clean on yesterday’s shower.
- I used to think that God couldn’t be bothered with small things but now I don’t mind asking him to pick out my wallpaper.
- Nothing tastes as good as abstinence feels.
- Abstinence is like putting an octopus to bed (similar to the wack-a-mole scenario)
- At that moment…More evil is brought into this world by people who are sure they are right. A peaceful soul is more important than having opinions
- If you want to feel better go to a meeting. If you want to get better, work the steps!
- Miracles happen because we live in love, service and compassion.
- It’s easier to stay abstinent than get abstinent.
- Acceptance is the answer to ALL of my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation- some fact of my life- unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God’s world by mistake. (A.A. Big Book p417)
- People who are most in need of my love can be the most difficult to love.
- Do I want to be right or do I want to be happy?
- Prayer, Pause, Practice, Patience, Purpose (The 4 Ps)
- Lack of power is our dilemma.
- Thoughts to eat don’t come from God.
- When are the two times to go to a meeting: When you want to go and when you don’t want to go.
- There was a boy that begged and begged his parents for a puppy. They told him he could if he cleaned up after it and took care of it. When he got up in the morning the puppy had peed and pooped all over everything. However, the boy didn’t care. The puppy was a puppy and that’s what puppies do. God looks at us like that with compassion accepting of our mistakes.
- Meditation: I love you, I’m sorry, please forgive me, thank you.
- Meditation PoemWhen I meditated on the word Guidance,
I kept seeing ‘dance‘ at the end of the word.
I remember reading that doing God’s will is a lot like dancing.When two people try to lead, nothing feels right.
The movement doesn’t flow with the music,
and everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky.
When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead,
both bodies begin to move and flow with the music.
One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back
or by pressing lightly in one direction or another.
It’s as if the two become one body, moving beautifully together.
The dance takes surrender, willingness,
and attentiveness from one person,
and gentle guidance and skill from the other.
My eyes drew back to the word Guidance.
When I saw ‘G’: I thought of God, followed by ‘u’ and ‘i’.
‘God, ‘u‘ and ‘i‘ dance.’
God, you, and I dance.
As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust
that I would get guidance about my life.
Once again, I became willing to let God lead.
My prayer for you today is that God’s blessings
and mercies come upon you this day and every day.
Dance together with God, trusting God to lead,
and to guide you through each season of your life.